From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module initialization with input from creator (via Start Module VI)?

That's great news!

I completely agree with Darren, that it may not be the most essential, but it may be of a great help when combined with factory LVOOP patern. God job!

Do you have some poll of ideas to throw into DQMH 3.0?

If so, then on top of my wish-list is compatibility with RTsystems. DQMH does a great job there, but each module need to be manually tuned, ad they contain several features that are not RT compatible. The main ofthose being the lack of front panel events, which renders module test vis virtually useless for debugging on target.

I have went one step forward and "mocek-up" an intermediate layer between test vi and module, which was sending commands through tcp/ip. this layer couls be invisible for PC developers, while it woud serve great for RT.

Best regards,

Mike

Message 11 of 14
(2,303 Views)

_Mike_ wrote:

Do you have some poll of ideas to throw into DQMH 3.0?

If so, then on top of my wish-list is compatibility with RTsystems.

Mike, I will add your suggestion to our internal wishlist tracking system. If/when we implement it, I will post back here.

_Mike_ wrote:

I have went one step forward and "mocek-up" an intermediate layer between test vi and module, which was sending commands through tcp/ip. this layer couls be invisible for PC developers, while it woud serve great for RT.

If you don't mind sharing, you could post a sample project to this group (on a separate document), others could give you feedback and we would have something to evaluate when adding new features to DQMH.

Also, if you don't mind, please share your experiences with DQMH via a LabVIEW Tools Network tool review: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/213286#ratingsAndReviews

Thanks,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(2,303 Views)

@_Mike_ wrote:

That's great news!

I completely agree with Darren, that it may not be the most essential, but it may be of a great help when combined with factory LVOOP patern. God job!

...then on top of my wish-list is compatibility with RTsystems. DQMH does a great job there, but each module need to be manually tuned, ad they contain several features that are not RT compatible. The main ofthose being the lack of front panel events, which renders module test vis virtually useless for debugging on target.

Best regards,

Mike

Hi Mike, 

DQMH 4.0 is released now and it contains a new feature to create RT DQMH API Testers for DQMH Cloneable modules.

Let us know what you think.

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,685 Views)

Hello, sorry for replying to an old thread, but it was one of the first search results when I typed the following into Google search:

dqmh modification of start module vi

In DQMH 5.0 the modules are called using Start Asynchronous Call which changes the way you can pass data into a module when it is started by another VI or module.
DQMH utilizes the connector pane now and the comments in Start Module.vi describe how update the accepted init data in detail.

Researcher @ Gdańsk University of Technology
Python enthusiast
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,152 Views)