cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parameter for report title

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a report with many pages and I need the same title on every page. To do so, I would like to use a parameter which could be defined by the user through a VBS inputbox and then reused on each page.

I tried something with scalar parameters : B1, B2, B3... (see attached file) but I don't know how to change their values. Is it possible to do it this way? Otherwise, do you have any other method?

Thank you in advance for your support

Jérémy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,033 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeremy_TCL

Hi Jermeny,

I'd recommend you write the user's typed Response to the Root.Description property.

Response = InputBox("Enter Text")

Data.Root.Properties.Add "Description", Response

Then in your REPORT header textbox you can use @@Data.Root.Properties("Description").Value@@

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,015 Views)

Hello Jeremy,

In addition to Brad's suggestion with the properties, have a look at the "Master Layout" function in DIAdem.

A Master layout allows you to define some standard elements (those could include logos, texts - including variables, boxes, etc.) that will appear on each page of your report in the same location and cannot be edited or moved by the person working on the layout (somewhat like a watermark)

Let us know if you have questions about this function, it's pretty neat ...

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,013 Views)

It's clear now!

Thank you very much

Jérémy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,002 Views)

Hello Jeremy,

one helpful variable is also GraphSheetName.

Just add a text box with it (@@GraphSheetName@@) and the name of the current page will be shown on it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,997 Views)