From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiply channels with a constant

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I want to multiply all my channles with a constant value say 4.3

So I thought of generating a new channel with all its value as 4.3 and multiplying this channel with my current channel . I used

Dim MyChnName, i

MyChnName = ChnAlloc("Mass", 2400, 1,DataTypeFloat64,"Numeric")     'Allocate text channel
For i = 1 to 200
  CHT(i,MyChnName(0)) = "4.3" & i        'Create text value
Next

But it generates values as 4.31, 4.32, .....4.3xxx

I want all values to be constant. How can i modify my code to do this??

Or to multiply all my channle values with 4.3 directly(without creatin a channel) How to go ahead with this??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,679 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rash.patel

Hi Rash.patel,

Are you really talking about a text - which means "abc123...."? I think not because you define a numeric channel with chnalloc.And in the next line you connect tow strings: ...= "4.3" & i. In VBS a string connection just puts the strings together like "abc" & "123" -> "abc123". I think this is not what you would like to do. If you use a loo you must define: ... = 4.3 + i

But in general you should use the standard mathematical functions of DIAdem because they are much faster than a loop over the single channel values.

In the DIAdem Base Mathematic you find the functions you need, like Scaling, Offset correction ....

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,678 Views)

Hey Walter,

Thanks for your idea. I modified my script like this and now I can generate a channel with all its value as 4.3.

MyChnName = ChnAlloc("Mass", 2400, 1,DataTypeFloat64,"Numeric")     'Allocate text channel
For i = 1 to 2400
  CHT(i,MyChnName(0)) = 4.3 + 0        'Create text value
Next

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,664 Views)

Hi Patel,

This was not what Walter said at all-- he said to use the standard ANALYSIS functions for this sort of thing.  The standard ANALYSIS functions are much faster and easier than a VBScript loop.  Here's what you should use to create a channel like that instead:

Call ChnLinGen("Mass", 4.3, 4.3, 2400, "kg")

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 4 of 4
(4,653 Views)