From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high pass script

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

when I use the recording mode for generating a script in DIAdem something happens, that I cannot explain:

I choose „digital filter“ (IIR-Filter) and than „high-pass“ with a cut-off frequency of e.g. 6 Hz.

The source code line, DIAdem generates me is:

Call ChnFiltCalc("","[1]/Fx","/FilteredSignal","IIR","Bessel","High pass",2,6,40,60,1.2,25,"Hamming",0,0)

My question is, why are the numbers 40 and 60 appearing? I can change them by changing the numbers in bandpass and band-stop, but all I wanted was filtering with a high-pass and no band-filter. Or do these numbers have no influence on the high-pass and DIAdem still had to write something in the gaps?

Or do I have to change the numbers manually to 0?

Like:

Call ChnFiltCalc("","[1]/Fx","/FilteredSignal","IIR","Bessel","High pass",2,6,0,0,1.2,25,"Hamming",0,0)

Maybe in the case of a high pass, both source code lines mean the same?

Thank you for your help 😃

Greetings

Lukas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,663 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LHe

Hello Lukas,

The function ChnFiltCalc is able to do all kinds of filter calculations including high-pass, low-pass and band-bass. The list of parameters is always the same and there are always parameters that are ignored because they are not needed for this specific type of calculation. If you change the script to a band-pass, the cut-off frequency of 6 is ignored and the 40 to 60 is used.

Greetings

Ulrich

Message 2 of 4
(2,647 Views)

Hello again,

I think I have the solution.

The numbers are there for all filters. However, only the required numbers are used for the corresponding filters. This means that the 40 and the 60 have no meaning in the case of the high pass, both source code lines say the same thing.

In return, the 6 has no meaning for a bandpass.

greetings

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,646 Views)

Hello Ulrich,

you were faster. 😉

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,644 Views)