From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows XP Permission Problem

Concerning:

I'm a systems administrator at the University of Rochester and am installing DIAdem as part of a Labview package on several Dell Optiplex GX260 PCs running Windows XP Professioanl [SP1].

I was able to install the application without incident and launch it from the local administrator login without a problem, but am running into problems [see below] when I try to run the program from a non-privileged login [normal domain authenticated user].

I am assuming that this is some kind of permission issue, but am unsure how to resolve this situation [short of granting normal users elavated privileges, which isn't practical].

I've tried adjusting the permissions on the Labview Program Folder and associated registry hive, without s
uccess.

Any constructive recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Robert Lindholm
University of Rochester

P.S. Here are the error messages, I have seen:

1) Launching DIAdem from nornal user login without adjusting Program Folder and Registry permissions:

Error

DIAdem Configuration-Drive "C:\PROGRAM FILES\ NATIONAL INSTRUMENT\DIADEM ACADEMIC 8.10" WRITE PROTECTED!

The application wouldn't launch at all...

2) Launching DIAdem from nornal user login after adjusting Program Folder and Registry permissions:

Error DIAdem

Error in (Row 59, Column 5): Variable is undefined: 'OdsDialog'

I click OK and then get the following message

Error DIAdem

The GPIDLL "GfSOds.dll" you need is not loaded.

The application still wouldn't launch at all...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,710 Views)
Robert,

In my experience, starting DIAdem once with the Administrator privileges after the install should allow any subsequent user without these privileges to run DIAdem without any problems.

Please starts DIAdem after logging in as an Administrator and then retry starting it with normal user rights.

If this doesn't help, please call me at (512) 683-5452 and we will look into other possible solutions.

Best regards,

Otmar
Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,710 Views)