DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a standard mf4 file editor, for editing and comparing

Hi All,

I am interested in any standard MF4 editor(which can edit *.MF4 files), that can be downloaded online;

kindly suggest any link;

bit details : I need a tool to open mf4 file and should be able to edit it, if possible can be able to compare with another MF4 file.

basically I have a file (.MF4) which is opening and showing data in MDA 7.2 version and one other .mf4 file  having similar data not showing any data in MDA7.2

hence I want to comapre these 2 files for format change, for why the MDA 7.2 is comfortable with one format and not with another.

Thanks in advance

Ravi  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,526 Views)

Hi Ravi,

Is this a  MDF4 type file or is it some other format!

Mentioning this because MDF4 and MDF5 have a viewer that Vector has on there web site.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,489 Views)

Hi Ravi,

DIAdem can read and write *.mf4 (MDF4) data files and compare the contents of multiple *.mf4 (MDF4) data files.  This won't help you much with sleuthing file format differences, though, just comparing the data values.  If an *.mf4 (MDF4) data file is in an invalid format, DIAdem may not be able to load it, at which point DIAdem will not help you at all.  Also, DIAdem is not free, downloadable software.  If you want to visually inspect, analyze and/or report your data files, it will be well worth the money.  Otherwise, it could be overkill.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,486 Views)

Hi Smith, thanks for responding, yes you are right, it is MDF4, I even downloaded MDF validator from vector, but it is showing format rather data or some visualization stuff. but in anyway the authority seems to be vector only on MF4 right, can you please give some direction whom can I contact.

Thanks a lot,

Ravi 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,478 Views)

Hi Ravi,

NI came out with a update to Dataplugin for MDF4 files in Feb 2019 with some updated documentation. 

I would make sure that I have the latest Dataplugin  and then retry reading in DIAdem or LabVIEW.

This is the link to the Dataplugin for MDF3/4

http://www.ni.com/example/54290/en/

As far as comparing a Standard MDF4 file. Your options are The MDF4 Validator, and DIAdem. The Validator takes some getting used to, but it has the information present and viewable.   Also you can look at the mapping help files at the link above. They show how the MDF4 Structure was mapped in Memory when loaded into DIAdem's Data Portal.  (Maybe that will give you the information you need!)

Paul

www.viviota.com

ps. My goto expert for this kind of issue is Brad Turpin of NI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,473 Views)