From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify dataplugin for HST file

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using DIAdem 2015. There is a plugin name HST_DataPlugin, type VBCrypt, used for *.hst file. Every time I load *.hst, DIAdem collects a bunch of other files containing data from long time ago to now. I would like to limit the number of files to load so I can save much time. I tried to configure this plugin to add selection for data range to collect but I am not successful. Please check the attached image. There is not option to do that. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,870 Views)

I have looked into the location of the plugin, I notice that this plugin is stored as .vby. I also learnt that this file cannot be modified. I either need to have the source code and the software that were used to generate this plugin or to create a new plugin from scratch. 

I will look into some guides to create script for plugin building.

This issue can be closed now.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,836 Views)

Hi levan8421

can you please describe how you select the file to be loaded ? Typically you select one file and the plugin loads that file. Only if you would SELECT several files, the plugin would be used to load a series of files.

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,819 Views)

There is actually no selection. The data set includes one HST file and a bunch of data files as .001, .002, and such. Everyday a new data file is created and HST file is updated accordingly (I dont know the format because I cannot read HST file). Every time I use DIAdem to load the HST file, all the data files from .001 to the latest one are loaded automatically. There is no way (or at least I could not find) to just select a certain amount of data files to load. The issue is I cannot open/read HST file to modify it. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,811 Views)

OK, now I understand. Meanwhile I checked our repositories and it looks like this plugin was not created by NI.

As a result, you may want to look for the source code within your company.

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,809 Views)

Because you are familiar with this HST data set, could you share whether you could open that HST file and modify it? I am thinking about modifying HST file, instead of creating a new plugin to deal with this issue.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,804 Views)

Sorry, but this is a misunderstanding. I am not familiar with the HST file at all. All I did was checking whether we have any description for it on the NI side and as far as I can tell, we don't.

One thing I was wondering about : When you load data with the plugin, does each sub-file (.000, .001) etc become a separate group ? Or do all signals appear in one group after loading ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,796 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author levan8421

Hi levan,

Have you tried right-clicking on the HST data file in the NAVIGATOR and selecting the "Data Reduction" context menu?  The "Load data section" option in the resulting dialog is available in DIAdem 2014 and later versions.  You could then select the desired first and last index value to load a "row subset" or effectively a "time subset" of the data from all those files.  If you pick the correct index range for just the most recent file, you'll get only its data-- without changing the DataPlugin.

Just a thought,

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,776 Views)

Brad,

Thank you so much. This is so perfect. Exactly what I want. I use Data Reduction --> only check "Load Data Section", not "Data reduction" -> Input Index first/last value. Now I just need to know how to do this in script. Currently I use DataFileLoad and it does not have parameters to do this.

Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,769 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author levan8421

Hi levan,

You're close, but there's actually a different command that invokes the reduced loading action:

SectionBegin = 1
SectionEnd = 10
Call Data.Root.Clear
Call DataFileLoadRed(DataFilePath, "", "", "IntervalWidth", 1, 1, SectionBegin, SectionEnd)

The above code loads the first 10 values of the data file, from 1 to 10.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,759 Views)