From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display waveforms with absolute time on x-axis

How come that, more than 10 years later, Diadem still has so much trouble working with waveforms?

All I want to do is display two signals in one graph. One is a numeric channel with a seperate time array. The other is a waveform from a tdms containing all neccesary information to display an absolute time axis. Diadem still does not seem to offer any interface built-in way to display that waveform on an absolute time axis, just like ten years ago. Great integration with Labview, NI!

After wading through cumbersome posts on the topic (all 6 years and older), I made a support request that referred me to this kb article. The article contains an VBS script that offers to, after rigorous editing, generate a time channel for a waveform.

I write this post because I simply can't believe that National Instruments never came up with a better solution for this. Are they persuing an EOL strategy for Diadem?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
Message 1 of 3
(2,712 Views)

I got a partial solution using the channel function "Numeric channels <<>> Waveform channels". I still very much dislike the fact that it requires a channel conversion, though. Also it is remarkable that support didn't coin this as a solution.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
Message 2 of 3
(2,697 Views)

Hi, 

There are a lot of functions that integrate with LabVIEW using VBScript, it is one of the fundamental methods for automating reporting in DIAdem, so this is a very normal approach to take. 

There is also a very similar post at this thread, if you have not already seen it. 

If you would like to submit feature requests or feedback on this particular product's functionality, please do so here. This information goes straight to the R&D department and they are always happy to hear feedback.

Thank you, 

Sarah 

Applications Engineer 

National Instruments UK

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,660 Views)