From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataPlugin export/import

Hello,

i have made a DataPlugin for Excel-files with the DataPlugin-Assistant and saved it. Now i want to use this DataPlugin for excel files on another PC. I have imported the DataPlugin on the other PC and aktivated it, but always when i want to open an excel file with diadem (e.g. via drag&drop to data portal) on this PC the DataPlugin-Assistant Dialog opens, even so i actually have my DataPlugin for excel files?!

Why opens the DataPlugin-Assistant Dialog instead of importing the excel file as konfigured in my DataPluign?!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,173 Views)

Hi Andi,

DIAdem uses the following command to open a file:

Call DataFileLoad( "C:\...\....xls" ,"DataPlugin_XY","").

If you don't want to use the DataPlugin_XY you have to use another name.

DIAdem uses the priority list of the Datafinder for finding a DataPlugin.

You can edit this list using the DataFinder settings. On the tab file extensions you can select the *.xls extension and edit the priorities of the different DataPlugins.

Kind Regards,

Philipp K.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,141 Views)

Hi AndiMEC,

can you see the DataPlugin in the DataPlugin manager of the other PCs DIAdem (Settings>>Extensions>>DataPlugins...)?

In case yes, please try right click on the file in DIAdem NAVIGATOR and choose "Open With..." - does this work?

Do you drag6drop from NAVIGATO or from Explorer?

From rainy Aachen

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,115 Views)