DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataFinder Server busy or cannot meet your request

Solved!
Go to solution

We have been experiencing this problem since installing the DataFinder Server Edition 2017 for the first time.  I believe it is related to a licensing issue probably either in the way we have configured things or the license we are using.  The DataFinder Server is running on a remote WIndows Server 2012 machine along with the 3.1 NIVLM.  We have setup 2 explicit computer based license for the computer attempting to access the DataFinder Server remotely.  

The client 4.0 license manager does have a green dot showing on the instance running on the remote client machine trying to access the DataFInder Server remotely.  However,  the number in use remains 0 of 9.  We never see any license get used on the Server machine either or in the TDM Server Manager quickinfo.  

Any help or guidance would be appreciated at this point.  We setup the client connection using the urf as directed by the documentation.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,598 Views)

Could you please double check your set up as they are decribed in the Installation guide for installing the Data Management Software Suite

Data Management Software Suite Licensing 

www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/377390a.pdf

In addition, please be aware that the DataFinder Server does the checkout in behafe of the client. The VLM needs to be configured in a way that the DataFinder Server can access the License. Not the client.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,564 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author judyann

Thanks for replying to my request.  I was able to finally get our instances of Diadem to work with the DataFinder Server Edition.  I noticed while I was remoted into the Windows Server running the DataFinder Server Edition and also running the NIVLM a popup that requested the NIVLM UI be shut down because it had been running for a while and there were backup requests that it could not service while the UI was running.  So I shut the NIVLM UI down and decided to try the request for a DataFinder connection from the remote Diadem instance again.  This time the request worked and I was able to get a license.  So our remote DataFinder Server is working for the time being.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,558 Views)