cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem v11.1 VIEW very slow to load pan and zoom 2D Axis Graphs

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Brad,

I'm having a similar difficulty viewing my files and I have tried the solutions listed above. I recently installed an additional 2 GB of RAM, Windows 7, and the newest version of Diadem. I have a 64 bit machine with about 4 GB of RAM before launching Diadem. However, while Diadem is in use it's using 50 CPU. The same file I could easily load using Windows XP and a previous version of Diadem now takes much, much longer to view and every time I zoom in or out it has to redraw the graph which takes several minutes. Is there anyway I can speed up this process?

Thank you,

Colleen

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(898 Views)

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for raising this issue. Do you experience slow loading of the file, or just slow zooming? Is it at all possible for you to send in the file so that I can see whether I experience the issue as well? I see that you're using DIAdem 2012 and our operating systems match.

Can I confirm that you are working with TDMS files?  

ShalimarA | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(879 Views)

Hi Colleen,

If you are using DIAdem 2011 or later and loading TDM or TDMS data files, then you might be in a situation where the new deferred data loading feature is working against you.  If both of the above are true for you, please try going to the NAVIGATOR menu "Settings >> Options >> NAVIGATOR" and select the "Loading behavior" option "Always load bulk data".  Then try reloading the data file-- it should take longer to load but zoom and pan faster, as long as the data you loaded (converted to all 8 byte doubles) fits into DIAdem-allocated RAM (always less than 2 GB for DIAdem 2012 and earlier).

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Engineer

National Instruments

Message 13 of 13
(868 Views)