DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measurment computing newer version has to be removed - how to remove for new install

Solved!
Go to solution

"Newer version of measurement computing must be removed error" during DASYlab 2016 SP1.

I have used the windows program removal application to uninstall the previous trial version of DASYLab 2016. Upon trying to install the DASYlab 2016 SP1 runtime app on the system i intend to deploy my apps on i get the error above. Having fully uninstalled the app as far as windows and i know how to it would seem that some components are left over. With this in mind i have deleted all traces to dasylab and measurement computing and started the install again with the same problem. I would ask why a newly purchased version of DASYlab seems to have older components than are present in the trial version?

Can anyone comment on any methods of manual removal of the orphaned components which are causing this issue? Im guessing some DLL`s or registry entries are confusing matter on this occasion.

Regards

William Ronaldson

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,078 Views)

William,

I'm sorry that you are having problems. When you purchase a DASYLab license, you can easily convert the Evaluation version by running the DASYLab Configurator and replacing the evaluation code with the code that you received with the license. You don't have to uninstall to reinstall. 

The DASYLab 2016 uninstaller fails to correctly uninstall the Measurement Computing driver. There are two way to get around this - I prefer this one. 

Run the registry editor.

Search in the registry to find out where the MCCDRV installer is stored, because the name is changed in the cache. C:\Windows\Installer is a hidden folder, but you can copy the path to find the file.

Then you can run it to uninstall.

Search for "Measurement Computing Drivers for DASYLab"

I found it on my Win7 computer under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\0BD28C330E0671C4DB1E001A6C63D6B3\InstallProperties

There is a key called Local Package that will have the path and the encrypted, cached file name for the uninstaller. 

Copy that path and file name from the key, then do a Windows Run (Windows key + R) to paste it in... run it. 

It should run the uninstaller. 

If this fails, or you want help with it -- Please call us at Measurement Computing. Feel free to ask for me. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,063 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author WillieNHS

Just a note to close this issue, for anyone else having trouble its best to use the downloaded installer and forget about using the supplied applications on the DVD's. They would appear to be an older version and therfore cause trouble when operated on a computse which had ran a newer version in the past.

Thanks for your help CJ.

Willie

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,994 Views)