From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time increment

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all

I'm new to Dasylab and I need a help in adjusting the sampling rate or block in the middle of the experiment.

I want to collect my data for each of:

1 second for the first 30 minutes

1 minute for 5 hours after that

1 hours continuously after that

Currently I used separator to do that, but if 1 stop, the whole experiment stop. If I don't stop it, there will be to much data written for 1 second interval.

Is it possible to change or adjust the sampling rate or block in Dasylab?

Many thanks

Martin Wijaya

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(6,675 Views)

Attached is a V12 worksheet that does what you want. 

You need DASYLab Basic or higher. Your base sample rate must be 10 hz or above for this to work. 

The first generator is generating a constant that represents the data rate, specified in seconds. The Mathematics module computes 1/y, to give you frequency.

The Signal Switch is time based, and changes between the data rate signals based on the time duration that you requested. That input is then used as an input to the Generator. The Generator outputs a pulse that controls the Relay. 

KB006.jpg

This effectively reduces the data rate dynamically, based on the time settings that you specify in the Signal Switch module. You can have up to 16 "steps".

The List module represents the File Write module. You can use Global variables to specify the Generator00 values, so that you can modify the data rate each time you start the measurement.  The time schedule in the Signal Switch module cannot be replaced with variables, sadly. 

The attached Code or Example is provided As Is.  It has not been tested or validated as a product, for use in a deployed application or system, or for use in hazardous environments.  You assume all risks for use of the Code or Example.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(6,673 Views)

Is it possible to do that in Daisylab Version 5?Because I don't see the time switch icon in my version.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(6,670 Views)

I'm sorry....what I mean is Signal Switch Icon....I can only see switch in here.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(6,667 Views)

I honestly don't know if you can do that with DASYLab V5. That version is over 15 years old.

If you can find the Signal Switch module in the Data Reduction group... then, yes, it should.  It may be called Time Slice. 

I cannot provide any support for this, although other DASYLab customers may be able to.

Are you still using Windows 98 or 95? DASYLab didn't support XP until V6.00.06.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(6,660 Views)

If I understood correctly with your test, it could be resolved by using some trigger functions and action lists.

In any case we would really recommend you to first upgrade to V12 also because there are great improvments with the long term stability of the application.

Any examples we create for you would be still requiring an higher veersion of DLab because, even us, would not support V5 anymore

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(6,656 Views)

Yes. It is wondows 98. It is my University computer, so I can't change it.

Oh, yes. there is a module called time slice...I tried to use separator with different blocked size, and use time slice to combine it. But it is stated that the input data is incorrect. Do you have any idea what kind of input that is compatible with time slice?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(6,655 Views)

Data is required to be the same sample and block size when used togetheter.

Why do you need to have different block and sample size?

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(6,653 Views)

You can't use separate... the Time Slice/Signal Switch module needs all inputs to be the same.

That's why I use it to select the frequency for the Generator module. Then the data separation is done by the Relay.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(6,651 Views)

To CJ and TomRizzo

Oh!!! Ok...thanks very much. I'll try it tomorrow..

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(6,647 Views)