From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script Module as Driver

Good Day DASYLab Community;

I have a device which is currently used together with a .py script to configure, acquire, and convert a stream of data to an ascii formatted data file.  I have a goal of integrating this device with DASYLab.

In broad strokes, I'd like to poll the community to gauge whether my plan is worth the effort.  I would like my script module to perform the following when prompted (perhaps through an input trigger).

1. Run my block of python code which initializes a UDP data stream to a given device

2. Extract, and convert from binary to decimal format at a known sample rate

3. Synchronize the data to DASYLab time base

4. Return the data to the DASYLab environment as though it were just another piece of DAQ hardware

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,525 Views)

It's absolutely worth the effort.

I was able to put together a script to talk to a comms based GPS as well as an Ethernet device that responded in XML. 

It's slightly tricky because of the timestamp that you need to apply to the channel. 

I can provide you my examples to use as a template, if you like. 

Contact me directly at cj.butler@mccdaq.com. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,522 Views)