From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sampling rate problem on NI 9229

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

So I use an NI 9229 module placed on a chassis cDAQ-9178 to acquire voltages.

In the first time, I configure the task of the NI 9229 on NI MAX, the problem is that there is an error message that appears when I try to select 1 sample on demand, the error message does not appears more when I select continuous samples so I put 1HZ as the sampling rate.

Pics1.PNG

But when I call the task I created on NI MAX from DasyLab and I run the program, at the end I find myself with a very large number of values that does not match the rate of exchange I have requested, 1 HZ.

In a second step, I try to modify again the sampling rate of the module NI 9229 on DasyLab there is an error message which is still displayed:

Pics2.PNG

Pics3.PNG

Pics4.PNG

Can anyone suggest, please, a solution to reduce the rate of sticking to 1HZ ?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(5,952 Views)

The NI 9229 has a limited set of sample rates, based on the maximum sample rate. 

You will have to use one of the timed sample rates. If you only want 1 sample/second in DASYLab, you can use an Average module or a Separate module to reduce the number of samples and the sample rate. 

Please see the product documentation. The datasheet says this:

Data rate range (fs ) using internal master timebase

Minimum 1.613 kS/s

Maximum 50 kS/s

Data rate range (fs ) using external master timebase

Minimum 390.625 S/s

Maximum 51.2 kS/s

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 15
(5,935 Views)

Thank you very much for your quick response.
Then, can you show me how to configure the Average module, if you will,
To have 1 sample per second? Because I have already tried but I have an error message that appears:

Pics1.PNGPic2.PNG

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(5,931 Views)

I forgot to mention that the above error message does not appear when I switch from ASCII to DasyLab format in the Write Data module, DasyLab format being less rigorous, however I want to save the data in ASCII format in order to facilitate the use to technicians.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(5,928 Views)

Check that all three channels of the Average module are the same settings. You can use the F8 key on Channel 0 to copy all settings to Ch1 and Ch2. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(5,919 Views)

So, the error message is no more displayed, indeed the channels were not configured in the same way.

As a result, in terms of the data collected, they are still as high or even higher, I do not know for what?

In the Average module I am lost in choices, what should I choose: Arithmetic mean, Quadratic mean, Moving root-mean square or Median? And which parameters to choose with the options mentioned above ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(5,910 Views)

From what I have tried, the Average module has no effect on the number of recorded data.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(5,888 Views)

How did you configure it? 

What's your initial sample rate? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(5,883 Views)

The configuration of the Average? The problem is that I have just tapped and basically I don't know how to use it, but with all the times I tried with different configurations, at random I always get a number of measurements too high .
When I take a look at the file generated by the Write Data module I find that the delta T, the time interval between two patches is 0.00062s, and I want to reduce it to 1s or 0.5s.
I hope I have answered to your questions.
My question to me is which parameters to select in the Average module to have a sampling rate of 1s or 0.5s ?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(5,872 Views)

1/0.00062 = 1612.90 samples/second. 

The Average module works in samples. To average to 1 sample/second, or a delta-t of 1 second, you would average over 1612 samples (or 1613). 

To average to a delta of 0.5 seconds, you would average twice as many samples, 3225 or 3226. 

To keep the worksheet running smoothly, the output block size of the Average module should be 1 - so it will collect 1612 or 3225 samples, and output one averaged sample. 

Again, configure all three channels identically - you can use the F8 key to copy all settings to all configured channels. 

2017-05-04_14-59-06.png

Message 10 of 15
(5,869 Views)