From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9482 module

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,
In my work I change the NUDAM modules for data acquisition by National Instruments modules.
I encountered a problem when I arrived at the NI 9482 relay module. For this application the NUDAM that I want to replace uses 5 channels but me with my NI 9482 has only 4 channels and I want to realize the following diagram without error message When I run the program :

Capture1.PNG

What do you recommend to me ? Merci 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,163 Views)

Configure the TTL Pulse module to use the Timebase "Input".

Then branch the wire that comes out of the Relay to the input of the Timebase. It fixes the timing problem that you are seeing.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,129 Views)

Thanks CJ for your reply.
Then the error message that is displayed is not related to a synchronization problem.
The error is because I use on DasyLab 5 channels for the NI 9284 module while it has only 4. On NI MAX you can only configure 4 channels.
Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,125 Views)

That's easy. Open the Relais output module and reduce it by one channel. Click on the button on the left of the channel bar, as shown in the image

The NI modules are very flexible, and allow you to assign any channel of a task to any channel of the module, including adding or removing channels. 

2017-06-02_8-07-50.png

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,117 Views)

Hi CJ,
First, I thank you for the time you spend on the forum.
Then I want to tell you that I knew how to reduce the number of outputs of module 9482. So, if I understand correctly through your explanation these two programs will accomplish exactly the same function, one working with the NUDAM and the other with the NI :

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

What do you think about that ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,115 Views)

If you need the fifth output, then you have a problem. 

If you do not need it, then you can simply remove the TTL Pulse module.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,109 Views)

Ok, thank you CJ.

In this program I can try to remove the TTL Puls module, but there are other programs where the fifth output is not connected to a TTL Pulse, almost impossible to delete it.
Can you suggest a solution ? How can we solve the problem?
Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,093 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author UTC-Aerospace

DASYLab requires that all inputs have a connection. However, module outputs do not have to be connected to anything. 

If you have a setup that expected 5 output channels, and you have a device with 4 output channels, then it may be as simple as removing the fifth channel in the output module, and then the logic that would have connected to the fifth channel has no place to connect. You will not get an error. If you want to connect it something, connect it to a Status Lamp or a Digital Meter. 

Let me repeat that - module outputs can be left unconnected. They do not need to be wired if you do not need the output channel. 

If, on the other hand, you need that fifth output to control your equipment, then the four channel output device is insufficient and you will need to revisit your hardware requirements. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,085 Views)