DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Get Yt Chart To Display not Only on y-Axis?

I am importing data from a simple ASCII file w/ no time information (simply displacement values) and I want this to display on a Yt chart. Currently the Chart displays a small dot on the Yaxis- that moves up and down, but will not diplay along the x-axis. How do I fix this so it will display along the whole chart?!

I have included a file with this simple part of my program I am having problems with and the file I am trying to import from.

Thanks! 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,780 Views)

At 2 samples / second, you shouldn't be using the Y/t Chart. That displays a block of data at a time, and your block size is 1.

Use the Chart Recorder, and it will plot all of the data correctly.

You can change the sample rate in the Read Data module dialog, if you want to generate data faster than the 2 Hz in this worksheet. 

Printscreen0018.jpg

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,774 Views)

Thank you!

Does the XY Chart display in Time blocks as well or does that work like the chart recorder?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,772 Views)

The X/Y chart is block based - you define the number of blocks that will be plotted, but each block is plotted as it is received.

The Chart Recorder is one of the most flexible displays, allowing data of varying block size and sample rate to be plotted. It is time based, and plots each block as received. It does need at least two points to draw the line.

The Y/t Chart and the X/Y chart are less flexible, and are optimized for speed, plotting a full block or blocks as received. The Y/t Chart has some additional features - Fast Recorder and 

The Diagram module is time based and plots each block as received.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,758 Views)