DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find a switch

I have a program that has a switch that triggers an action on the worksheet.  It has several layouts.  I cannot find the switch on any of them.  I clicked on the restore windows button and it did not appear.  I also looked for it in the receivers column in the actions overview.  I know that the action that this switch triggers works.  What else can I do to find out what acts on the switch?

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,423 Views)

Hi Jim,

To find the module, right click on the work area, and select Search for module... if you're not sure of the name, order the list by module type.

To find the associated display window, go to the View menu, select Individual Windows - Show, and then find the module in the list to "unhide" it. 

Display windows can be minimized or restored (or full screen) - and/or they can be visible or hidden. Hidden keeps them where they were (minimized or restored) and hides them so that they are not visible. 

I hope that this helps.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,416 Views)

Hi CJ,

Thanks for the reply.  That did indeed let me see the switch when I am looking at the worksheet, but what I need to discover how it gets activated.  If it is not visible on one of the layouts, and it is not listed as a receiver for any of the (many) actions, what activates it to trigger the action it is connected to?  Is there a way to find it if it is indeed on one of the layouts but I just haven't yet discovered it?

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,413 Views)

Can you share the worksheet? 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,384 Views)

Unfortunately the customer does not allow that without a lot of signatures.

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,341 Views)

Then there is very little that I can do to assist. 

The List of Actions and the Overview of Actions is the complete list of actions, events and receivers. 

Sometimes, the Action doesn't need an input because it uses an event like Measurement Start. But the Action module needs something connected to the input... the Switch might just be a dummy. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,337 Views)

No, that's me 

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,312 Views)