From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delphin Expert Key 200 API + Dasylab v13 full = Error collecting values

Solved!
Go to solution

For many years I have been using Delphin Expert Key 200 units via USB and Dasylab full (v9 & V13)  and the system works well.

I took an existing working USB based setup and reconfigured the laptop (fixed IP addresses etc) to comunicate via ethernet crossover cable. The Delphin API (Data service configurator) shows the channels as expected and the values happily update as as data is acquired. Launching Dasylab, the worksheet loads normally but when I run the sheet I get a "Error collecting the values from the device: Unbekannt: 0" error message. (see attached picture)

I then reconfigured the setup back to USB (the configuration that was previously working) but I still get the same error message. 

Its noteable that when I create a worksheet from scratch it runs normally and no error is detected. 

Anyone had similar issues and or any ideas how to fix this short of a full rewrite.

TIA

Simon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,640 Views)

How are you communicating with the Delphin? Is there a driver loaded or are you using the ICOMS module? 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,628 Views)

Hi CJ,  Good to hear from you.  I’m communicating via driver or it appears to be a driver.  After installing the Delphin API (which is in the ProSignal Go package) I have to copy two dll’s into the main Dasylab folder. Then I have to edit the Dasylab.ini file and replace a place holder with a call out  to the Delphin.dll. In the Dasylab worksheet Delphin appears as a separate folder under inputs/outputs with two modules.

I have had a little experiment this morning and I have taken a sheet that was working under USB and reconfigured the system to run ethernet.  The Delphin Data Service configurator is running normally and I still same error on running Dasylab.. I deleted and the replaced the Delphin input module, configured the channels and it worked. I then connected the Ethernet to a wireless router and hooked the laptop in wirelessly. Guess what the error message is back. 

Dipping into the Dasylab worksheet under the properties for the Delphin inputs module the channel selection information is incorrect i.e. device and channel. Expert Key is available in the drop down box and I have added the channel number manually.

Now when I run the sheet I don’t get an error but the only value in in the sheet that updates is the temperature readouts. (Very odd).

My original intention was allow the field engineers the choice of using either wired or wireless (via a wireless router) dependent upon the environment they found  themselves in but no two connections can coexist on one machine (even if one is disabled).  The act of deleting and creating a new connection changes something in the  system so I don’t even have the option of writing two worksheets (one for wired and one for wireless)    I’m beginning to suspect this just another oddity of the Delpin hardware and I must chat to MCC to see if a change in hardware isn’t an easier solution.

Regards  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,611 Views)

Hi Simon

As per the link below it may be worth contacting your reseller of DASYlab, or one of the other support options for this. NI are not the primary support for this product.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/DASYLab/How-to-obtain-support-for-DASYLab-Software/td-p/1086167

I hope you are able to get hold of someone, and find a solution to your problem

Thanks

Sarah

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,606 Views)

Hi Sarah,

I did have a chat with my Dasylab supplier first but its such a specific and unusal problem they had never come across it before.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,600 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simon-lee

Thanks Sarah... this forum is an appropriate place for this question, especially since his supplier could not help.

MCC (Measurement Computing) is unfamiliar with the Delphin driver. It's not on the current DASYLab 2016 list of supported drivers http://mccdaq.com/DASYLab-Drivers.aspx - not even as a discontinued driver. 

I've found WiFi connections to be problematic when a driver is expecting continous connection. I think that you need to contact Delphin directly to describe your problem. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,597 Views)

Hi Simon

The driver for your delphin hardware is not part of the normal dasylab distribution. It is a product of the Delphin company. 

I think, that you should contact the support of delphin directly by mail: info@delphin.de

Regards

Stephan

measX GmbH
www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,590 Views)

Before posting I spoke to our Delphin supplier but I didn't recieve an answer.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,582 Views)

Hi,

That sort of the conclusion i'm begining to reach, I have contacted Delphin but not recieved any answer yet but I'm confident the problem lies in their software not DASYLab. 

Thanks for your help and advice, hopefully the managment will allow me to replace the Delphin units with some nice Dasylab approved MCC units.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,580 Views)

Hi CJ,

Thanks again for you support,

Delphin contacted me today and they have a DASYLab v13 compatable driver due out today - whether that can solve my issues I have my doubts. Especially as I've just bought 6 copys of Dasylab v16 to start rolling out accross the departments but I will do some testing when v16 arrives.

This might amuse you, for some obsqure reason I have a brand new CompactRio on my desk - I have no idea where it came from and nobody is taking responability, so unless Rios work under Dasylab I have the worlds most expensive paperweight. 

Speak soon and if you want me to keep you informed about Delphin drivers and DL v16 I would be more than happy to

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,551 Views)