DAQExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQExpress vs Labview

Hello,

I am very new to NI equipment and I have recently started working with the cDAQ 9178 that my employer currently bought. I do not have any experience using DAQ devices, so I apologize if this question is too simple. We have a few modules, and this cDAQ which comes with DAQExpress, but we also bought a LabView license as well. 

Currently I am working on measuring refrigerator temperatures through the thermocouple modules and possibly controlling the temperatures by using the relay module, it is the plan for now but hopefully do more advanced stuff in the future. I started using DAQExpress because it had basic tutorials for the stuff I wanted to do. I wished to ask if I should continue using DAQExpress or move to Labview, as we have a license for it, and what is the difference between the two in terms of their capabilities. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,136 Views)

Hello,

DAQExpress will make your life easy but you can't get that much flexibility there for more advanced tasks.

So I recommend you switch to LabVIEW especially if you have a license. It wont be difficult to get familiar and start development.

Plus you may have learning materials to get started in, you can access them through your account, Online Learning Library.

In legacy learning catalog you may find appropriate classes.