Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Astronics PXIe-2461 LabVIEW Driver

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I am trying to install the Astronics driver for the PXIe-2461 Counter card. Have tried from NI website and from Astronics. The downloaded file is just a .exe. When I run it, it comes up with a message that it is looking for a .msi file. Has anyone successfully installed this driver?

This is the message I get:

Astronics Driver Error.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,743 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author physdom

Hello,

What version of Windows are you trying to install these drivers on?  Are you using this download link

DillonL.
Message 2 of 6
(3,720 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author physdom

that is exactly the link I'm using. Using Windows 10. I found that one of our testers had the drivers installed already, so I copied from there. Never got the link to work, as it seems it doesn't include everything needed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,715 Views)

Well, this isn't a solution for those of us lacking this driver on another system.  I need NI to respond to this with a workable solution, this should've been fixed once the problem was reported.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,562 Views)

@markmcdaniel wrote:

Well, this isn't a solution for those of us lacking this driver on another system.  I need NI to respond to this with a workable solution, this should've been fixed once the problem was reported.

Unfortunately, for NI to respond, you need to contact NI using one of their 'Contact Us' options. This is a public forum where NI product users help each other and occasionally some NI employees respond to posts but not guaranteed.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,557 Views)

I may create more documentation on this (depending on whether I have time) but I also wanted to put a solution here.

If you are getting this error:
1. Uninstall the driver completely using the standard Windows tools.

2. Run the installer, when it gives you the option, choose "Custom" (the choices are Custom or Complete)
3. From the list, choose the highest version of LabVIEW and the bitness corresponding to your version of LV. I've only tested installing one.
4. Follow the rest of the steps as usual. 

You can then find the examples at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\instr.lib\Astronics ri2461e or whatever version of LabVIEW you chose. 

ZK
Licensing Product Owner | NI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(520 Views)