Continuous Integration

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The LabVIEW Continuous Integration Project

@Bas.v.E wrote:

his happens when i try to build the project in the CI project builder on the development system

And I assume you've checked all the usual network stuff (i.e. you can ping the server from your dev machine, or you are running the Project Builder on your Jenkins machine)?  (One has to ask these things...)

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 71
(4,544 Views)

Yes i can connect from all the VM(development and alfred) to the Jenkins server port 8080 and i checked the read/writes acces of the folders. I have tried to run the project builder on the jenkins server and it gave me the same error. 

So just to be clear:

I have the jenkins server with CI server installed and running

I have a alfred node which is found by the jenkins server

I have a development machine with the CI project builder

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 71
(4,542 Views)

Did you restart Jenkins after installing the build scripts?

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 71
(4,539 Views)

Yes, just to be sure i didn't miss anything i read the manual twice to check my steps.

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 71
(4,537 Views)

Try running the Project Builder on your Jenkins machine.  That's not where we want to be long-term, but it will let us get the network out of the way.

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 71
(4,535 Views)

When I run The CI project builder on the same machine as the jenkins server and labview CI Server, I still get the same error. I tried localhost:8080 and 192.168.178.93:8080 as Jenkins Hostname

One other note: the Labview CI service will not shut down properly.

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 71
(4,522 Views)

Would it be possible to setup jenkins on linux OS and build jobs on windows slave node?

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 71
(4,435 Views)

I did that with Mac OS and VMware virtual machines running Windows (before I switched to gitlab), so if there's an executable for Linux you should be able to do that as well.

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 71
(4,431 Views)

Hi

I've managed to get Jenkins and the LabVIEW packages installed. When trying to build the Test project I am always getting a timeout error. Have already restarted Jenkins after running the web service and also have Alfred setup. I also see no messages when the build is trying to happen. Even after waiting a while nothing shows up and do not see anything until closing the build window which is when the error message pops up.Jenkins error.PNG

Any ideas on next steps I can try?

0 Kudos
Message 59 of 71
(4,367 Views)

Hi,

I seem to have the same problem as CAgator28.

I am running the builder on the same machine that the server is installed.

BR

Ziga

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 71
(4,312 Views)