From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syslog Component

Hi,

I found a bug: syslog_Timestamp.vi returns localized month names. RFC3164 specifies the only acceptable values. Here is my proposed fix. I copied the array constant from syslog_Message Parse.vi . Since we now need this constant in two places it might be a good idea to put it into a subVI.

Message 21 of 26
(2,768 Views)

Version 1.3.3.27 in Syslog Device Send:

When Tag: Content are empty the code uses Error:Code <0 to determine if the Error Cluster is presenting an Error, when in LabVIEW positive numbers can be errors? 

Why is Error:Status and Error Code !=0 not being used to determine Error/Warning for the Severity?

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(2,535 Views)

@RVallieu wrote:

When Tag: Content are empty the code uses Error:Code <0 to determine if the Error Cluster is presenting an Error, when in LabVIEW positive numbers can be errors? 

Thank you for the feedback. Originally in LabVIEW and NI drivers, it was a strict convention that all errors have negative values and warnings positive values. Only more recently have errors also used positive codes.

Unfortunate we have not had the chance to update the Syslog library recently.

authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(2,508 Views)

Thanks.

I will adjust accordingly, it's a simple fix.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(2,503 Views)

Hi all,

i stumbled in mentioned bug in regional timestamp settings by candidus. The proposed solution seems to be a good one. Did anyone fix it in the vipm and published a new version?

Kind regards

Gibbi

Message 25 of 26
(1,466 Views)

This old link from 2016 seems not be taken into consideration when software is updated .

I have downloaded the newest version of the Syslog library now in June 2022 via VIPM and that version is dated 2016. The problem with running Styslog server on a different computer (different IP) is still present. It works great when in same machine. And the suggested solution by LeifS dated 09-20-2016 01:51 PM can not longer be downloaded as code. Please help/update.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(1,195 Views)