From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming data from multiple High Speed Digitizer Modules

Please provide feedback, comments, and questions on the Streaming data from multiple High Speed Digitizer Modules Reference Design in this thread.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(9,413 Views)

One of our customer need to use C#  to programme scope streaming function:

hardware: PXIe-8130 PXIe-8265, double PXIe-5122

Configuration: 4 channel @ sample rate 100MBPS

can your reference code be easily transfered to C# enviroment?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,862 Views)

The acquisition and writing disk part can be reused from the C code in the above document. However, you would have to modify the user interface code according to your needs.

Kalyanramu Vemishetty
Automated Test Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,809 Views)

I am very interested with this example. i will have to adapt it. But i don't understand how it is possible to reach 600Ms/s after my tests.

When i tested 2 examples from NI "Fetchforever" (5.8e6 fetched point instead of 1.2G that is the memory of the 5185 card) and  "Multi Record Fetch More Than Available Memory", at 312Ms/s, it seems that speed fetch is too low to follow records acquired.

fetchforever.pngError1.png

Ideally for my application I would like to set up a continuous multi-record acquisition on the PXIe-5185 using external trigger. In other words, its an infinate record acquisition.

For example: I would acquire 4096 samples (this is record length) at about 4 KHz at 312.5 Ms/s sampling rate. This would go on and on using the "more than available memory option" so as to keep overwriting the memory cyclically.

So i will have to adapt this example, but i don't understand why the exemples does not work at 300Ms/s...! I started to code it but i have the same probleme : after 500 000 records, acquired records not fetched are more than 100 000. I tried with the external PC and it is the same problem than with the 8135 controller.

How is it possible to do streaming at 600Ms/s if at 300Ms/s, fetched record speed is too low !? At a moment, with this "fetch" speed, the memory is full and data are overwritten with an error or the 100 000 records not fetched are reached.

My setup :

NI PXIe-1075 where are plugged :

3 cards NI PXIe-5185 12.5G bits/s 8bits Memory : 512Mo per channel

1 Remote contrôle card NI PXIe-8381 linked to the PC

2 NI-8262 Expansion Module linked to the disks

- 2 NI RAID disks (5To each) linked in PXIe to the computer

- NI PXI-8135 2.26 GHz Quad-Core PXI Embedded Controller card.

- 1 external PC (windows 7, Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz, 3601 MHz, Quad-Core, 8 logical processors)

setup.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,642 Views)