Did you mean: 

Simple Dual Redundancy

Please provide feedback, comments, and questions on the
Reference Design for Simple Dual Redundancy
in this thread.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(13,592 Views)

Can not get it to install in 8.6.1.  After the instillation screen asks where you want to install the files up pops another screen that says no software will be installed and the next button is grayed out.?

Todd

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(13,296 Views)
If you previously installed it for another LV version, I believe that you must uninstall it before reinstalling it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(13,293 Views)

Yes, you are completely right.  I now have it working.  Thank you! 

Does anyone know if there is something like this already written for TCP/IP?  I will be trying to use this not for compact RIO but on servers.  I am afraid that using serial ports may be hard to do... Hardware wise.

Thanks

Todd

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(13,290 Views)
How do you specify which controller will be the Primary and which will be the Secondary?
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(13,123 Views)

I think a start up configuration file assiging a functional global variable is probably the more eligant way but I just have two identical versions but with a "Primary" boolean control setting the functional global that I change on the primary and the non-primary.  Then in my decision making it checks to see if it is the primary and takes or gives control accordingly.

Hope this helps

Todd
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(13,115 Views)

how to communicate the two sb rio Boards for redundancy i mean which kind of protocol could be better out of ethernet and rs 232 ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(10,488 Views)

hello everybody

is there a way to make a redundant  system of two sbRIO boards ?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(10,431 Views)

Ethernet protocols such as TCP will provide much higher data transfer rates than RS-232. Some Single-Board RIO (sbRIO) boards do offer RS-232 connectivity, but this is generally to support devices or instruments which require it.

Communication of data between multiple sbRIOs for the purposes of redundancy would be most easily handled using a standard ethernet communication protocol, such as TCP or UDP. Your selection of protocol would depend on the requirements of your application.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(10,330 Views)

I should add that the Simple Dual Redundancy (SDR) is designed for slow-speed systems (<1Hz) and is set up for serial ports. Using the SDR with RS-232 serial is a good option for systems like this.

Message 10 of 12
(10,318 Views)