Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JTAG Digital Waveform Library

Is there an update for LabVIEW 2011? I found that the init function is very slow for # of samples greater than 5000. On my colleages system, which has labview 8.6, it is very fast for even 5M samples.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 45
(9,515 Views)

Hi Quanticles -

To my knowledge, no update is planned for LV 2011. There was a complaint about slowdowns in the SDW library when LV 2010 released; try implementing the fix mentioned in that thread here.

David Staab, CLA
Staff Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 45
(9,512 Views)

Hi David,

Although the workaround helped, it's still not nearly as fast as for 8.6. If you do a new version, it might be helpful to use boolean arrays instead of digital waveforms. When I was profiling our digital IO code I found that switching to booleans was very beneficial.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 45
(9,507 Views)

Hi Quanticles -

Actually, an array of integers where each bit in each integer represents a value is the lowest-overhead data structure for digital patterns. Unfortunately, you can't use the NI-HSDIO driver's Hardware Compare features unless you provide data in the form of a Digital Waveform. Until the ability to provide three integer arrays (value, drive, mask) in lieu of a DWDT is added to the niHSDIO Write VI, we're stuck with the DWDT.*

* The SDW and JDW libraries could be refactored to use integer arrays, since they don't need HWC states, but the IDW library does need them, and any future refactoring of the libraries is very likely to use a common code base under the hood to minimize maintenance and support effort.

David Staab, CLA
Staff Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 45
(9,504 Views)

Need help with new NI USB 6353 interfacing with the JDW. I am using LV 2010, 2011 w/ DAQmx.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 45
(9,486 Views)

Hello emaxxx,

For us to help you better, can you tell us how far you have gone with interfacing the JDW with the 6353? 

Have you installed the JDW? Which version did you download? Have you checked out the example?

Are you going to start with LabVIEW 2010 or 2011? 

What device are you going to communicate with?

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 45
(9,425 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

We have a EPM7064SLC44-10 Part.

I am using the JDW 8.6 zip.

I have both LV 2010 and 2011.

I have saved the vi's in both versions.

I have downloaded the correct BSDL file and updated the ID_Code Read data.

When trying to install the serial comm. example zip. I get an error indicating a vi that should be on disk is not found although it is in a LLB.

We are using a NI USB 6353 series instrument.

Need to know how to inferface the 6353 functions to the proper channels in the vi.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 45
(9,421 Views)

Hi David

I am using Labview 2011 now, yet the vi is written in Labview 2009 by somebody else. The vi basically is to communicate with a chip and do some testing via JTAG. What I realized is that now the response from the JTAG is extremely slow, for example, it takes several minutes to read the chip ID.

The vi works perfectly on the owner's Labview 2009. I guess there are some compatibility issue with these two version of Labview. Could you give me some suggestions? This is one of the very important research projects in my department, I have already stuck for this question for several days.

Thanks

Bing

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 45
(9,322 Views)

Hello im new to JTAG and have down loaded the NI JTAG library...  Is there a example program out there showing the lib features in use..

Frank

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 45
(9,246 Views)

I was wondering if the JTAG Digital Waveform Library supports the digital I/O lines on the NI USB-8451.

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 45
(9,143 Views)