Community Documents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Add a Real-Time Target to a LabVIEW Project

Step 1: Make sure your Real-Time device shows up in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX). It will show up under "Remote Systems"

remotesystem.png

If you can't see your target there, check out one of the following KnowledgeBase articles discussing possible steps to allow you to discover your target. 

PXI

CompactRIO

Step 2: Open up your LabVIEW project and right click on the "Project:" entry.  Go to New >> Targets and Devices...

2-ProjectWindowAdd.png

Step 3:  Add your device into your project

3-AddTargets.png

Step 4: Add VIs to the target device:

4-Add VI.png

If you already have a VI under "My Computer" that you would like to be run in real-time, you can drag and drop it onto your target from within the project explorer window.

Comments
Matthieu33
on

I have a PXI that shows as "Connected - Running" in DAQmx but when I do a right click on "Project", under "New "I do not have the option "Targets and Devices...".

Project_No Targets and Devices.bmp

Is there another way to add a target to my project or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Matthieu

Thør
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Do you have LabVIEW Real-Time installed on this PC?  This option is added by certain LabVIEW modules, and would likely not be present if you didn't have any of them installed.

Matthieu33
on

Thanks Th0r, I did forget to install LabVIEW Real-Time module during the general installation of LabView. Now that I installed it the "Targets ans Devices" sub-menu exists.

jak692
on

What if you are running LabView on the PXI via embedded Windows boot. I purchased a PXI with the dual RT/Windows boot and was wondering if I can just do everything I need from there rather than using a remote connection.

Contributors