From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Coherent Solutions Optical Modules

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2E VI Communications

Solved!
Go to solution

I am working on getting the O2E card to communicate with my other LabView code. Specifically, I would like to be able to cycle the output signal state on/off. There is a command in the programmer's guide to do this but I am getting a timeout error (to me it appears that the command is not registering correctly).

Commands that I am able to correctly operate with are the *IDN? and *OPT? queries. I cannot enumerate the slot otherwise these also fail, i.e. :SLOT3:IDN? fails.

I am quite puzzled that I am able to communicate with the card in one fashion but not another. This would imply to me that driver configuration and NIMax settings are correct but maybe I do not have my VISA commands formatted correctly.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,096 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DylanIsmari

I found out the issue. I have the server installed as "Multi-Chassis Mode". By digging through the Web Application's Javascript and Python I determined, I need to prepend "CHASSIS1:" to all my commands and in the case for "*IDN?", the "CHASSIS1" was being lumped into wildcard. Should really have this better documented through the programming guide.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,087 Views)