Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermostat please send me the same example

Hi Can any one please send me the Thermostat example and coffee machine examples.

Desparetly waiting for the  answeres

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(13,137 Views)

Hi,

Why do you think the Coffee and Thermostat are available? I'm curious if this was said or mentioned or if it was just a mis-understanding?

The sample exams are available on the e-kit page.  Be sure to use the CLD success Package too!

E-Kit for CLD

The models you are referring to are the actual exams.  These are not available.  From the prep guide, the following models are the exam scenarios:

" CLD Exams

The following table lists possible exam scenarios that you may receive to develop a solution for your CLD exam.  This list is intended to give a general idea of what exams will be administered, and there may be variations within each exam.

Exam Scenario

Description

Coffee machine

The coffee machine simulates ingredient storage, and performs grinding, brewing and dispensing operations to prepare hot water, coffee and latte.

Microwave oven

The microwave oven simulates manual or pre-configured staged, recipe based cooking.

Security system

The multi-zoned security system simulates the arming, disarming, tamper, bypass and alarm functions.

Thermostat

The thermostat simulates scheduled programmatic heating and cooling control for heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) system.

Treadmill

The treadmill simulates manual or multi-staged program mode that controls speed, incline, time and tracks run time and distance. 

Vending machine

The vending machine simulates the storage, purchase, and dispensing of products using U.S. currency.

"

Mark Ramsdale
Program Manager & CLA
Global Demo and Equipment at National Instruments
Message 2 of 15
(13,135 Views)

the reason y i am asking is today i took CLD exam and i spent 1 to 1.5 hours iin understanding the requiment .if i get the sample paper ,i can get ready at least by understanding the reqyuirement,by the  way i got thermostat exmaple.i culs not able to completly understand the requirement

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(13,126 Views)

Ah.   Ok, thanks for the clarification.

We are not able to send the test materials out prior to the exam.

Mark Ramsdale
Program Manager & CLA
Message 4 of 15
(13,120 Views)

I am requesting to get only the questions , that too not exactly the same one , u can send me some similar examples.

But I am very much intrested to get the thread mill, thermostate, coffee machine, examples.some one will definately  put on the net.i am planning to take exame after couple of weeks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(13,110 Views)

Please see the E-Kit above for sample exams and exercises.

Mark Ramsdale
Program Manager & CLA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(13,104 Views)

@pashupathi wrote:

the reason y i am asking is today i took CLD exam and i spent 1 to 1.5 hours iin understanding the requiment .if i get the sample paper ,i can get ready at least by understanding the reqyuirement,by the  way i got thermostat exmaple.i culs not able to completly understand the requirement

Well, reading and understanding the requirements IS an integral part of the test, and doing it outside the allocated test time (before the test) would invalidate the results.

If you cannot understand the requirements document in a reasonable time that leaves enough time to write the code, maybe you are not ready for the CLD yet.

Message 7 of 15
(13,081 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@pashupathi wrote:

Well, reading and understanding the requirements IS an integral part of the test, and doing it outside the allocated test time (before the test) would invalidate the results.

If you cannot understand the requirements document in a reasonable time that leaves enough time to write the code, maybe you are not ready for the CLD yet.

Smiley Very HappySmiley LOLSmiley LOL

@ C.A. Don't let that CLD go to your head!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(13,075 Views)

In the practice exams I find that little Adobe pdf yellow highlighter indispensable in grouping the requirements in the pdf. An electronic copy of the pdf, when taking the CLD, would be helpful in that manner. Otherwise there is a lot of flipping back and forth through the paper document.

Jim Haas
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(11,885 Views)

are we allowed to use a colored marker during exam? 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(11,809 Views)