Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATM Exam Review

Hi folks,

I attached here, my first CLD ATM Controller attempt. Since its my first trial so i didnt do it in 4 hours took 6 hours to complete hopefully will complete other examples on time.So, please make a review, critiques and feedbacks are welcome for my further practice.

Attached same back saved with 2010.

Waiting for the replies.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,730 Views)

A Couple quick points.

Discriptions and Tip strips on user controls should be considered mandatory.

1!.PNG

Wire branches cause data copies get in the habit of wiring to the right SR node to avoid unnessecary buffer allocations as shown above

1a.png

Why stop on error? the Close Ref does not care if error in is true it will try to close the refs.  The loop is just silly too Close Ref works on arrays.

Why this1!.PNGinstead of this?1b.PNG Merely changing the control ref type def to be a cluster of generic control refs lets you use the bundle to array.  (as a matter of fact casting to more generic class would allow you to pass the refs as an array)

The timeout case is not the right way to exit.  What if the dratted user keeps pressing the wrong button? the requirement is specific to exit in 10 seconds if the enter key is not pressed.  use a timer that does not reset with user activity.

Overall nice

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 7
(6,713 Views)

Many thanks jeff for reviewing my sample exam. The points you mentioned is exactly true, i really take seriously those comments and correct myself in the next examples.

Fun: Oh, Is there any option to give multiple kudos?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,707 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:

Wire branches cause data copies get in the habit of wiring to the right SR node to avoid unnessecary buffer allocations as shown above.

Dear jeff,

I can't get the SR node concept. Please any direction to help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,703 Views)
Spoiler

GOOD EFFORT

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,699 Views)
Stephen

give the code you subtitled and my snippet a second look. use " show buffer allocations " it is under one of the tools menu options... mobile phone tonight...I can't remember exactly where since I keep a shortcut for this feature... if you still have questions about memory use and buffer allocations after checking the help and comparing the vis post on the LabVIEW forum and pm me with a link.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,693 Views)

Yes jeff, I got you.

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
(6,689 Views)