From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, How was your NI Week 2014 experience?

nice pics snowmule...

it appears you were on the same rip-off session HOW TO REDUCE NOISE ON YOUR DAQ which was given by a mechanical engineer and he just read the white paper published on NI hahhaaSmiley Very Happy

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 28
(5,600 Views)

@buton wrote:

it appears you were on the same rip-off session HOW TO REDUCE NOISE ON YOUR DAQ which was given by a mechanical engineer and he just read the white paper published on NI hahhaaSmiley Very Happy

I'm sorry you feel that way.  Did you give Dan that feedback, I'm sure he didn't want his presentation to appear as a rip off of a white paper.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 28
(5,596 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

The biggest piece of knowledge I got was Vivado from Xilinx.  Supposedly, our FPGA compilations will be significantly faster and better utilization for newer FPGAs (currently the Zynq and Kintex FPGAs).

Other than that, I met Ray, Putman, and Mike Porter.  I met up with a lot of friends.  Got a few more connections inside of NI.  Stayed up late more than I have since undergrad.  And learned not to ever fly through Dallas/Fort Worth (long story).

I missed a couple of things due to meetings going long, but I'll get that info in other ways.  I was supposed to eat with Jeff K at the Champioin's lunch, but ended up eating with Dr. T instead.

If only Mr. Bohrer was there.  Ray was asking about you.

Ditto...

I got to meet Tim, Jeff D, and a buch of other cool dudes.  I can't believe I didn't meet snowmule!!  😮  Or did I?  It took me a while to program my memory cells to associate Tim with crossrulz.

NI Week was fantastic... Also stayed up late, had a lot of fun meeting with friends.  The event on Wednesday night was ok.  I was expecting better food.  The concept of the food trucks was interesting, but I think they were overwhelmed with the amount of people. 

THere were many highlights, such as the LAVA BBQ where I met @Hooovahh.  The VIPM Happy Hour was great.  The Community Happy Hour was fantastic.  Kudos to Jordan for organizing it.

I'm sure I left out many things.

But I agree with Tim.. Flying through Dallas / Forth Worth was... euh... interesting...  especially with the loss of our baggage for 3 days! There are no kudos for the airlines!

Message 13 of 28
(5,583 Views)

I finally got to meet you Ray, albeit briefly in the registration foyer with Tim (crossrulz). Saw you again briefly at the LAVA BBQ, the Champions Lunch and the Community Happy Hour 🙂

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 28
(5,533 Views)

@Thoric wrote:

I finally got to meet you Ray, albeit briefly in the registration foyer with Tim (crossrulz). Saw you again briefly at the LAVA BBQ, the Champions Lunch and the Community Happy Hour 🙂

Yeah, I got into a little trouble hanging out with you Tuesday morning.  Don't worry about it.  I thought it was worth it.

You didn't meet Ray at the Sunday night meet up at the Gingerman?  I also got to meet Mike Porter there.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 15 of 28
(5,529 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@Thoric wrote:

Yeah, I got into a little trouble hanging out with you Tuesday morning.  Don't worry about it.  I thought it was worth it.

You didn't meet Ray at the Sunday night meet up at the Gingerman?  I also got to meet Mike Porter there.

I got caught up with others at the Gingerman. It was a busy evening! And I had to leave early unfortunately so I didn't see half the people there. Next year I'll be more peripatetic Smiley Happy

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28
(5,516 Views)

It was great to meet you guys. 

Richard, we'll have to spend more time together at a future NI Week. 

To answer the question in the Subject line:  NI Week was great.  Meeting all the people that we "know" from the forum is always a good experience.  Unless you meet someone that cursed you and wants to complain to the CEO about you... LOL!!  You know the types...  Fortunately, they are unlikely to show up at such events. 😄

Message 17 of 28
(5,502 Views)

I actually did meet a few people and you could see the realization in their eyes when they made the connection.

"You were the guy that said what I did was crap!"

To be fair I didn't think it was crap I just think it was all that necessary given other tools that exist.  Still we had an understanding and it was good.

Message 18 of 28
(5,494 Views)

That must have been an interesting meeting LOL!  😄

It was good to meet you at the LAVA BBQ.  Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk more.  I didn't see you later during NI Week (or at least didn't remember).

Next time, I will put a large sticker with the avatar, and maybe bring an eye patch. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28
(5,466 Views)

@Tim.  How did you miss Mike in 13?  One man I truely enjoyed meeting along with Buddy.  Richard- A short left would have let us meet again. Well short for a 747.  

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 28
(5,443 Views)