From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving of Thread

Could of swore I just started a new topic here an hour ago.  Refreshed page every now and again to look for replies.  After the last refresh it was gone! It is now in the LabVIEW forum.  Is someone being a cop and moving these to where they think they should go?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,602 Views)

Moving threads can be done but, it leaves a message in the thread (and normally, a PM to the author.)  To me, it looks like you posted this to the LabVIEW Forum.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,593 Views)

I do have a cold, and am in a bit of a fog, so it is possible I put it there by accident.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,562 Views)

I am certain I saw your thread here and then it was moved to the LabVIEW board, where it did make more sense.  Either a moderator or a Knight moved it (I do not know who).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,555 Views)

Thanks for letting me know that I am not losing it.  I should have been notified.

Message 5 of 10
(7,551 Views)

@Highland_Controls wrote:

Thanks for letting me know that I am not losing it.  I should have been notified.

If Tim says he saw it here I believe him.  You should have been notified.  

Most post movements usually leave a "Moved by <Alias> on <Time>" in the post and PMs should be automatically generated.  Lili would be able to see more about what happened.  Perhaps i'll just say Lili a few times in this post and see what she can tell about the post history of this thread

I agree that the thread actually belongs in the LabVIEW forum. had I seen it here I would have PM'd you about moving it.  My concern is that you were not notified (someone needs a Spanking gentle reminder)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,531 Views)

My reasoning for starting it in Breakpoint was there really wasn't a technical question.  Just looking for opinions from people likely to have used it.  The fact that there isn't a board dedicated to DSC should have been my first clue that maybe it isn't a popular product.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(7,529 Views)

Yes, I know which Knight moved the topic from Breakpoint to the LabVIEW board - but I'm not going to name names. Cat Tongue

Leaving the placeholder that Jeff was mentioning isn't a common occurrence anymore. Perhaps it is time we reinstated that as a requirement when moving topics, so that any confusion can be avoided.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(7,502 Views)

Send notification is still the default

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(7,498 Views)

Yes, please send the notifications.  I won't get bent out of shape if someone thinks it should be moved(I can't disagree with them moving this one), but I didn't need the mystery and confusion.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(7,493 Views)