BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy Table Control

Colleagues,

Just found on one of LabVIEW forums.

When Modern Table control is used and center justification is enabled and control crossed origin, then behaviour slightly weird:

1.png

On editing attempts some cells or headers travelling to the left (take a note - you don't need to run VI, simply click):

2.png

Tested in LabVIEW 2010 and 2013. Not sure if can be reproduced in the latest 2014 or other versions.

Looks like small bug, but I guess BreakPoint board is more suitable for this, because its so funny.

VI (downsaved to 8.0) in attachment.

Andrey.

Message 1 of 3
(6,134 Views)

I encountered this with a regular table before.  I found the solution on the forums somewhere but I'm not sure if I'll be able to find it again.  Anyway, If you move your table to quadrant 4 of the VI (that is, the origin is to the top left of the table) it will not happen anymore.

EDIT:  I found this thread, but it is not the one I am referencing.

EDIT again:  Aha!  Found this one.  I'm not sure if it's the original one I was talking about, but Saverio saves the day.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 2 of 3
(6,095 Views)

Thank you for the 4th quadrant trick! It works and it is also more elegant than Justifying the text to the left, because i can still choose to have the text in the center!

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what the problem was!

Greetings,

Angelo Mottolese

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,493 Views)