From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collared LabVIEW Shirts

So over the years I have acquire a handful of NI shirts.  Different events usually give away T-Shirts with whatever new thing NI is promoting.  I have a few that just say LabVIEW, a few from NI-Week and a few others.  I try to wear these often when working because it helps establish our (the company's) relationship with NI and LabVIEW.  

The problem I have is these are T-Shirts and I work in a professional environment where the dress code doesn't explicitly state T-Shirts can't be worn, but most people know to wear a collared shirt all week.  You can get away with a T-Shirt on Friday and no one cares but again no official statement for a casual dress.

At an event at NI-Week this year I was given a super spiffy button up, collared, plaid shirt that has LabVIEW embroidered on the left pocket.  This is the exact same thing I try to wear throughout the week and I love it.  Does anyone have any information about how to get a hold of more shirts like this?  Does anyone have any contacts for getting more shirts like this?  I am totally willing to pay for them (as I would any other work shirt).  If I could I would have my wardrobe completely made up of these shirts and wear them exclusively for work.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(12,770 Views)

Well, I have my CLD, CLA, and now 2 LabVIEW Champion polo shirts.  But the CLD isn't really valid for me anymore.  But that still gives me 3 LabVIEW shirts to wear during the week.  But I'm all for generic LabVIEW shirts!

There used to be an NI store where we could buy these things.  I'll have to dig through some old emails to see if I can find the information about it again.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(12,756 Views)

Kelly Hunka had those made exclusively for the closed-door event you attended. As far as I know, they are not in production, but you will have noticed NI themselves were walking around that day in the same style shirts (very cowboy-esk and ergo very Texan). I myself love mine, and would also like more. I'll message Kelly and see what she says...

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(12,687 Views)

@Thoric wrote:

I'll message Kelly and see what she says...

Awesome.  If nothing else I thought about having some made.  Of course not owning the NI or LabVIEW trademark could be a very grey area for me.  It's not like I would be trying to counterfit official ones, if there was no means for me to buy official ones.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(12,661 Views)

When I recerted I asked if it came with a new polo.  I was told I could purchase one for a price.  when I asked where to send the po   (stating similar reasonings) the polo arrived gratis.  Contact cert at ni.   

The store is closed officially.  We could probably twist "someone's" arm in certification and perhaps get a new launch.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(12,633 Views)

Kelly has said she had the shirts made especially for that closed-door group and will look the possibility of getting more made up. If there's sufficient interest I guess they may consider getting a batch prepared and made available for sale? Who else might like one? Need to bear in mind NI might limit access to the members of that group as they're meant to be exclusive.

The shirts were this range:

shirts.jpg

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(12,614 Views)

We're starting to build a collection of T Shirts and other NI Memorabilia at

https://vinpxi.wordpress.com/2021/06/06/ni-memorabilia/

There you can contribute your photos and videos of. the stuff through the years!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,470 Views)