BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch me if you can!

According to my profile count (which I cannot verify!), this is posts # 45000. I wonder if I get a new badge or if I need to wait for 50k 😮

Maybe I should slow down a little bit. 🙂

Message 1 of 15
(4,416 Views)

If you stopped posting altogether and I continued at my current rate, I would catch you in a mere 189.5 years.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2 of 15
(4,383 Views)

Damn, 2250 posts a year or on average 6.16 a day every single day for 20 years. Now that's commitment.

Also 4.23 kudos per day, which is even more impressive.

Message 3 of 15
(4,345 Views)

Isn't the post-count a U16?  If so, use those last 20.500 posts wisely! 😁

Edit:

Maybe stack comments with "Edit Reply" and "Mark as New".

Message 4 of 15
(4,341 Views)

Even if you slow down, there is pretty much nobody who could possible ever overtake you in a normal human lifetime. 😁

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 5 of 15
(4,180 Views)

Nah,
Christian's got that many post yet!
he's hacked his profile to say 45030, but hovering over his icon reveals the true count - 38683 😉

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,977 Views)

The forum somehow seems to give you a lower count than me. If I look in the profile I see the 45030 that you also see. But if I hover over his name/icon I see 44311. 😎

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,971 Views)

Well it also says you've only posted 9339 posts and have 10k(icon) posts - so it makes you penguin look decidedly dodgy sidling off the side of the screen like Feathers mcgraw from Wallis and Grommit. (evil penguin, stole that knight badge Rolf!)😂

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,969 Views)

Psst, don't tell anyone!

But I guess it might have to do with certain special boards that I and Christian might be a member of that you might not be such as Beta forums, where the posts in the floating window only are counted if you have signed up to them as well. I don't know really, just wildly speculating here!

In fact my floating window for my own account claims I have 10060 posts, whereas my status page says 10044! Go figure!!! Strictly speaking I have even a few more. In the beginning of this forum (~1997 or so) I refused to go to the web site and only posted through an email mailing list interface that was still quite a popular method back then. Allowed me to simply receive all the threads in my email box, read them at my leisure offline, compose answers offline as well and when I connected back on (yes that was with a telephone dialup modem that made these nice sounds when you connected to internet), everything was sent off. The email list <-> forum software gateway had a certain heuristic to match sender email address with accounts and if it didn't match exactly it created a new account. There are (or maybe were) 3 or so accounts with posts from me on the old forum software way, way back in a time where everything was so much better 😆.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,965 Views)

So you've not found a way to link a count of your LAVA forum posts in a bid to catch Christian then?🤔
I always assumed that's what holds your post count down on here.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,960 Views)