From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't use Median power frequency function

Hello, every one.

I make EMG monitoring system.

Use arduino for get the data and labview for signal processing.

My problem is Median power frequency function.

Biomedicla toolkit is so great. But, I don't understand instructions.

I get data through Labview interface for arduino.

This process is ok.

And I make array and insert Median power frequency in EMG.

Now, I don't know time-frequency sampling info and trimmed percentage.

My arduino ADC spped is 12.5KHz.

But, signal processing is waste time. So, actual speed is 1KHz around.

I don't make data file. I want to immediate processing.

So, arrange my problem, I want to information about time-frequency sampling info and trimmed percentage.

How make this element? Get me information, please.

In attach file, I attach my file. I use labview 2012.

P.S. Someone install labview interface for arduino, Then get in this address.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-interface-for-arduino

Thank you for reading my text.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,538 Views)

hi,

time-freq sampling info specifies the density that this VI uses to sample the EMG signal in the time-frequency domain.

• time steps specifies the sampling period, in samples, along the time axis in the joint time-frequency domain. A larger value means less bins in time-axis of the MDF result.
  • frequency bins specifies the FFT block size. A larger value will provide a better frequency resolution.

trimmed percentage specifies how this VI trims the spectrogram at high frequencies and at low frequencies before computing the MNF. If obvious noise exists at high frequencies or at low frequencies, use trimmed percentage to improve the accuracy of the MNF estimation.

If you don't know what these parameters mean, you can leave these terminals unconnected for LabVIEW to aumatically decide these parameters.

Now you are calling the EMG MDF VI in every cycle, while I recommend you only call this VI every time when you got enough number of samples (for example, 1 second).

There is an example for the EMG MDF VI, where you can find by click Help->Find Examples, then search for "EMG Spectrogram".

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,849 Views)