Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File conversion tool

I used the file conversion tool to convert TDMS to EDF. All data chanels are present but the annotations were lost during the conversion. Any ideas how to fix this without using third party software or other file formats?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(8,594 Views)

Hi,

The current version of File Format Converter in Biomedical Toolkit does not support convert annotations to EDF.

Sorry for that. Why do you want to convert to EDF? Can you directly use TDMS?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,154 Views)

Thanks for the promt reply. I need EDF so I can open it in a specialzed EEG software (Persyst) which does not take TDMS. In fact no comercial softwares (Persyst, Curry, Profusion) are working with TDMS. I think you shoud not have advartised the file conversion tool to be able to convert from TDMS to EDF or at least be very clear that it does not support main features such as annotations.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,154 Views)

Sorry for the inconvenience. Actually, Biomedical Toolkit utilizes the dataplugins shipped by NI to support EDF - http://www.ni.com/example/27642/en/ You could request this new feature here http://www.ni.com/downloads/dataplugins/.

For the current situtation, is there any other format they could support to load annotations? For example, more general format - csv. Then you could read the annotations converts to csv in LabVIEW.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,154 Views)

This is not a "new feature", annotations always been a standard in EDF format

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,154 Views)

Still waiting for a resolution.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,154 Views)

Also, when using TDMS write VI (LV inbuilt) the Biosignal Viewer would not open the TDMS file. Any idea why is that?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,154 Views)

It should work. Please attach a sample tdms here.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,154 Views)

Wuldn't let me attach a tdms, can I email you the file?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,154 Views)

Hello! Nice to meet you!

Okey~ you can send me the file.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,154 Views)