From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BLT for LabVIEW (Build, License, Track)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the application to launch at PC startup

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to make the application built via BLT to launch at startup?

In my non-BLT original application I could add a shortcut in the Windows Startup folder during installer build.  How can I replicate that behaviour?

Also, when the licensed BLT app starts, there is a pop-up and user has to hit OK.  Is there a way to launch the application silently without the pop up and user acknowledgement?

thanks,

Neville.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,766 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Neville_D

The installer created by BLT is quite limited in its features. It is intended to provide an easy way for someone to create a basic one-file installer but it doesn't provide advanced features such as creating shortcuts in custom locations.

Here are your options:

1. Create the shortcut manually on your computer (press Windows+R, type shell:startup, and place the shortcut in there)

2. Use the NI Installer. You can still use the regular NI Installer from your LabVIEW Project Build Specifications. Just include the EXE build specifications wrapped by BLT in your Installer Source items and it will install your application and do all the customizations you might set in the installer build specs. Note that even if your application is wrapped by BLT, everything happens in the built executable of your application. So you can use any installer method you want to install your application, it is when launching your application executable that BLT operates (check licensing, updates, etc...)

Regarding your other question of disabling the "License Activation Summary" popup at application startup, this is something you can do by customizing the BLT_Main vi of your application (search for this VI in the dependencies of your project or find it on the block diagram of the STARTUP_VI).

Then, do the following change and save the VI (you need to go to the "Operate menu" and "Change to Edit mode" before you can modify the VI). Then you can rebuild and distribute your application to publish the change:

2020-02-24_17-06-58.png

Matthias Baudot | Software Architect | Founder at STUDIO BODs

STUDIO BODs     BLT for LabVIEW     LabVIEW Champion     Certified Professional Instructor     DQMH Trusted Advisor     GCentral Sponsor

Check out my LabVIEW presentations and videos!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,759 Views)

Matthias,

BLT_MAIN seems to be password protected.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,755 Views)

It is only Locked, not Password Protected.

You need to change it to Edit Mode:

2020-02-24_17-23-54.png

STUDIO BODs     BLT for LabVIEW     LabVIEW Champion     Certified Professional Instructor     DQMH Trusted Advisor     GCentral Sponsor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,753 Views)

Trying to put it in Edit mode results in:

pwd.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,749 Views)

BLT library in the project also shows as locked:

lock.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,746 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Neville_D

My apologies, you need to do that change in a VI called BLT_Main_IDxx.vi

where xx is the ID of your product in BLT.

You will find that VI under the Project Dependencies or as a SubVI in the STARTUP_VI's block diagram:

2020-02-24_18-18-19.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,743 Views)