From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XNET Database Editor, Bug with J1939 ECU Name

Solved!
Go to solution

The J1939 Name interface on the "SAE J1939 ECU Properties" page for configuring an ECU does not work.

• The "J1939 Name (hex)" control does not properly match the options chosen in the "J1939 Name" cluster control.
  • The J1939 Name does not properly populate from the XML file.
  • When I save the database, having done literally nothing, it changes the J1939 name for some of the controllers that I've viewed to 0x0.

Overall, this page is just messed up and is extremely frustrating since I have to fix the file manually nearly every time that I make a change to the file.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I'm currently using NI XNET 16.0 (I believe that I had a colleague test out 16.1 and it had the same issue).  I've not tested XNET 17.0 because it doesn't support the version of LabVIEW that many of our applications require.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,556 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NathanJD

I am able to reproduce the problem in XNET 17.5 so I have added it to our known issues list to be fixed.

The tracking number is 685825.

Jeff L
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(2,524 Views)