cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-CAN suggestion required...

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I narrowed my search of using PCI-CAN card to PCI-7841 from Adlink technologies.. Its got dual CAN network... what exactly does this mean???.. and will this PCI-CAN card support Labview?? Is there any PCI-CAN vendors with low cost supporting Labview..

Thanks & Regards,

Harish Chincholi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,741 Views)

Hello Harish,

Dual CAN networks means that you can connect the card to 2 seperate CAN networks.  Similarly to having two different serial ports on your computer.

The Adlink card seems to come with a DLL.  You could call that DLL from LabVIEW using a Call Library Function Node.

You could also look at the NI-PCI-CAN cards, which come with native LabVIEW drivers.  

However, it seems from your application (from other posts) that you could use a USB-CAN device to perform your 4 computer network.  This may be something to consider since cost seems to be an issue.

Have a great day! 

O. Proulx
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,720 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hariz

Hello Mr. Harish

Hope your problem is solved. Do let us know if you have further issues.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,704 Views)

hi everyone,now i am busy using pci-7841 to communicate with motion,but i can't find the labview driver of the pci-7841.so i have to use the call library node to visit 7841.dll,it wasters so much time to do so,can you give some sub_vi about pci-7841? thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,745 Views)

Hi,

I am using adlink PCI 7841CAN card is there any example programs available,since i am new to labview will be helpfull for me.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,050 Views)

you should check with your Adlink rep if there are any LabVIEW ecamples available.

CAN hardware (NI-XNET) from National Instrumtents is always shipped with powerful and ready to use LabVIEW examples which save a lot of time and money to get started with your CAN application...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,048 Views)