Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OBDII Monitor Demo Runtime Engine Problem

Hi everyone,

i'm very new to CAN and OBD so at the moment i'm trying to connect my Notebook to a car with the NI8473 and the OBDII Monitor using Labview and Automotive Diagnostic Command Set. I have installed Labview 2015 with LabVIEW Runtime Engine Version 15, NI-XNET 15 and NI-CAN17. In the description OBDII Monitor needs Labview 2009.

If I only try to Start the OBDII_Monitor.exe there is a Problem with the Runtime engine. It says OBD Monitor need Version 2009 Runtime-Engine or a other compatible Verison.

Does anybody know what to do? Do I really have to install the 2009 version or is there another solution?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,392 Views)

Hi Kahlua85,

When a LabVIEW exe is created with LabVIEW 2009, you need to download the same version of the Runtime engine to make it work. You can download them for free at ni.com

regards

Tobi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,355 Views)

Thanks for the help. It worked well so far but now i have a other issue. I get the Error 107488957 and says that die Interface is not valid or unknown. If i go to MAX I can see the usb 8473 an it passes the selftest, but there is nothing to see about the port.

Is there anyone who knows what to do?

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,338 Views)

I got it. It was the wrong wiring from the OBDII Can Cable. Now it works fine. Thanks anyway for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,327 Views)

Good lucky to you.  What you experienced is really bitter. And the most thing I care about is which brands of OBD2 scanner did you purchase? I alway use the Lauch brand, and so far I am still satisfied. At previous BLACK FRIDAY, I bought the another one, called Launch Creader Viii https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EN7JPIOat cheaper price, and with no doubt, it is turely the one everyone dream of.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,262 Views)

I recently purchased the Launch CReader 4001 . This automotive scanner supports reading and erasing DTCs, I/M Readiness Status. I'm using this for my Toyota prius Plug In 2014 and working fine. Its helps me to see live data stream, turning off Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) and help me fix them quickly and efficiently,and it was easy to use and easy to understand.I think it is better for you to have one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WP4KY24

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,250 Views)

Yeah, I totally agree with you, I bought one from LAUNCH too, my scanner works well .

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,245 Views)