Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIN Wake-up

Hi there,

I've got a PXI-8516 LIN Modul (XNET) and want to use it as a Master. A Slave is connected to it. I put the master into sleep mode. If the slave has new messages for the master it initiates a wake-up, but the master will not wake-up. I have checked the wake-up pattern and it was 260us. Has anybody an idea why it didn't work? Is the wake-up pulse to short? According LIN spec. it should be ok (250us - 5ms).

greets

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,927 Views)

Hi,

which module do you use as slave?

regards,

Maxi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,905 Views)

Hi,

the Slave is build by our own. It is a rf-receiver which has a NXP TJA1028 LIN transceiver.

greets

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,899 Views)

Hey Thomas,

have you already noticed the example in LabVIEW?

It's named 'LIN Master Control Sleep-Wakeup.vi'. Maybe that helps for your issue.

It also would be great, when you could send us your VI.

Regards,

Maxi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,865 Views)

Hi Maxi,

I'm already using this VI ('LIN Master Control Sleep-Wakeup.vi') to test if the master will wakeup from the wakeup impulse from the slave. But it didn't work as I mentioned.

greets

Thomas

Message 5 of 11
(6,859 Views)

Hi Thomas,

when you run the VI and try to wake up the master, does an error occur? 

Or is the master simply in sleep mode until you stop the VI?

Regards,

Maxi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,826 Views)

Hi Maxi,

the master is still in sleep mode until I stop the VI. If I checked the "Wait on slave" (I don't know how it is called at the moment) Checkbox after I put the master to sleep mode then a error will occured that the slave didn't wake up the master within the specific time. 

Additionally I have connected PORT 1 and 2 together to check if a NI LIN Module will wakeup each other, so this worked. The wakep up impulse was much longer than from the NXP LIN Transceiver. 

Regards

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,811 Views)

hi,

I also have the Lin wake up issue, i use NI-LIN 8476 with the sample VI "LIN Master Send full frame and Receive.vi", some time can wake up the DUT, sometimes can not.I set LIN sleep attribute to true, still have the problem. change the IsRemote to 16,17,18, it doesn't work.

Any one can help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,776 Views)

IS there anyone from NI can answer my question????????????????????????????????????????????????

NI LIN card is really confusing

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,760 Views)

You waited one day before bumping your post, and you originally posted on a sunday.  Most people on the forums are volunteers and if you need immediate help contact NI support.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,752 Views)