Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-frame LIN Diagnostic Responses not Receiving all Frames

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author blackburnite

The slot delay was set to 20ms via the LDF file.  Updating XNET to 17.5 fixed the issue.

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,969 Views)

Hi,

I am facing an issue with the same LIN frames. I have developed a code where I have to send a command to Controller and receive the response with respect to the Command integrating LDF file. But due to some reason i couldn't receive the data. Please can anyone provide me steps for configuring LIN using LDF file. 

Thanks in advance.

Shravan Kumar Parakala.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,813 Views)

It sounds like you need some general info on the LIN standard.  There aren't exactly a set of "step" you can follow, it's somewhat dependent on your application.

Heres a few links with some info:

NI - http://www.ni.com/white-paper/9733/en/

Kvaser - https://www.kvaser.com/about-can/can-standards/linbus/

Vector - http://webpages.eng.wayne.edu/~ad5781/ECECourses/ECE5620/Notes/LIN_Protocol.pdf

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,805 Views)

Hi, 

Thanks for the response. But as I am aware of the LIN frame structures and other information on which these links you shared. and thanks for the links.

I have an LDF file from the client and loaded it in to the VI which i developed. But there i am not able to get a response from the controller when we send a command as per the STI document provided by the client. 

I am not sure where am going wrong but the response is always Timeout error. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,792 Views)

Here am attaching how I am assigning my LIN with respective LDF file provided.

please comment on it whether anything is wrong in the configuration. 

Thanks.....

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,791 Views)

Can you provide more details about what you are trying to do? Are you trying to communicate via diagnostic frames or a normal LIN schedule? Can you share the LDF database? What frame ID is your slave expecting a command from? Do you have a setup where the device works properly so that you can listen to the LIN communications and post a log of the expected traffic you want to create?

Given the limited information shared so far, I speculate that you need to use LIN diagnostics to send a command to the slave. You can try using the LIN Diagnostic Frames Master.vi shipping example as a starting point. It can be found in the example finder under the Hardware Input and Output -> LIN -> NI-XNET -> Advanced folder.

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,779 Views)

I tried to send multiple flow control(diagnostic) frame through single frame on vector driver using LIN protocol. I am not able to make logic

plz give me suggestion.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(857 Views)