Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1074388985

I am getting the error:

Error -1074388985 occurred at NI-CAN Configure

Network Interface Object

(ncConfigCANNet.vi)

Possible reason(s):

NI-CAN:  (Hex 0xBFF62007) You attempted to set a configuration attribute while the object is running.  Solutions: Configure attributes prior to opening the object; Stop and restart communication as needed so that you can update configuration attributes.

The reason this came up is the user did an abort and not a stop on the previously run program.  Is there a "Clear All" or "Reset" for the attributes that I can place in the beginning of my program to clear the USB 8473 out before I begin my program?  I tried using ncAction and the opcode 'Reset' and this made my USB 8473 quit communicating...  I think I may be missing something to start communication again with the device.

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,422 Views)

Hello ncm,

Have you tried using another ncAction after the one with the opcode "Reset" but the new one using the opcode "Start"? According to the NI CAN manual, the opcode " Reset" action first issues the Stop action, then clears all entries from the write queue, then resets the CAN hardware, the opcode "Start" transitions network interface from stopped (idle) state to started (running) state.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/370289k.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,409 Views)

I did, and the CAN device is still not communicating.  When I shut down LabVIEW and restart it the CAN works fine, this is the only way I can get my device reset that I have found so far.

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,407 Views)

Another option would be configuring the CAN Network interface object before opening it using the ncConfigCANNet.vi. Using this VI at the beginning of the code you can indicate if the device start on open or not, if the Start on Open is set to false you can call ncSetAttribute after opening the interface, then ncAction to reset the device and then to start communication. That could be another option that you could try.

Have you seen this?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7DED549E2818985586256F9C006687E8?OpenDocument

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,401 Views)