From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostics On CAN-FD using NI-Xnet

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I am trying to use the UDS protocol on CAN-FD using NI-Xnet and PXI-8513. Does any body having some ideas or example to help me with that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,646 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rahul1189

I may be able to help. I will send you a private message.

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,610 Views)

Hello Jeff

we're also trying to implement diagnostics on CAN-FD using NI-XNET. We were using classic CAN until now and are currently switching to CAN-FD.

Could you help us with how we can implement UDS on CAN-FD(with xnet hardware) ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,512 Views)

Can you please post in this thread rather than private messages?

What's the point of support forums if answers are kept private...?!?

Message 4 of 13
(6,455 Views)

It might be to share unreleased information, such as a new version of the ADCS which may support CAN FD.  I have no inside information and am just speculating.

That being said if you want to do diagnostic communication on CAN FD you may want to look into Part 8 of my CAN blog.  This talks about the ISO 15765 protocol, and provides code on performing the communication with a raw frame API.  Because this is all written in G you can modify the core state machine to support other protocols, and payloads greater than 8 bytes.

Message 5 of 13
(6,453 Views)

For anyone who needs to use CAN FD with diagnostic protocols, Automotive Diagnostic Command Set 18.0 was released last week with support.

Hooovahh is correct we can't always share pre-release information publicly but try to reach out directly to customers if possible. Also, if you haven't yet check out all of Hooovahh's blog that was mentioned, it's an awesome resource for CAN in LabVIEW.

Evan See
National Instruments
Message 6 of 13
(6,272 Views)

Hello,

I am trying to use NI-ADCS-18.0 as trial version, using PXI-8513, and NI-Xnet- 18.0.

while running the program for diagnosis with CAN-FD (FD Baud rate-2000000) the program functions abnormal, sometimes it was giving correct result with no-error, but max times it is giving error-8261 ISOTP  Recieve.vi, and 8260, ISOTP Recieve.vi

While sometimes with correct result with the same error.

But if i work with CAN-2.0 with the same setup and program it is working correctly, and it is giving correct result also with Vector CAN FD with the same setup.

The error and program is attached.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(6,151 Views)

It sounds like you may be having a problem with sample point as described here. In order to confirm, can you try hooking up the XNET bus monitor with "Bus Error Frames" enabled to see if bus errors are detected. My hypothesis is that bus errors are causing the consecutive frame transmissions to timeout.

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(6,135 Views)

Yes you are correct the consecutive error frames cause the error, i have tried using custom baud rate but at only Fd baud rate 2000000 the bus is On, else it was disabled.

Please suggest me, for the changes.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(6,126 Views)

Hello

Sorry for the previous message.

I have changed the sample point , and it leads to no error frames shown on NI-Xnet Bus monitor, but how could i implement it in ADCS. 

Please suggest me.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(6,123 Views)