From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create MUX Signal using XNet API

Solved!
Go to solution

Does the XNet API allow for creating CAN signals that a setup to be Muxed?  I can open the database editor and create signals, and set them up to work just fine.  But one of my mux values range from 0 to 96 and I don't feel like creating 96 signals manually, then configuring them all to be mux, changing their values, and scales individually.

I opened up the XNet example for creating signals.  I opened the "\examples\nixnet\examples.llb\NI-XNET Example subVI - Create Signal.vi"  Here it creates a signal and sets many parameters.  I added several Mux properties but most seem to be read-only.  Does the XNet API support setting a signal to be Muxed?  Or is that only possible through the Database Editor?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,411 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hooovahh

Yes it does. You can use the XNET Database Create.vi to create the main frame and then use it again to create the subframes. Sub frames will have the mode value or multiplexer value as a property you can set. The XNET Database Create.vi will also be used to create the signals in the subframe.

Jeff L
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(2,398 Views)