Additional NI Software Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mads

Automated creation of volume license installers when new software is released by NI

I was asked to post this here instead of in the VLM forum:

Every time there is a new update of LabVIEW we typically hunt down the installation disks from ni.com as soon as they are available, and start the process of making volume license installers...(Or, if the update seems less exciting, we wait patiently for the shipped DVDs). 

I wish it the whole provcess could be made smoother. Based on the volume license installers we have, the VLM could simply subscribe to newer versions.

When 2014 comes out, the package would automatically go out to all the VLMs out there, and new volume license installers would pop up on our local VLM as soon as the software was ready...OR, alternatively, the VLM could be hosted by NI instead (possibly supported by a local VLM for offline use), so that the process of creating new installers were really done by NI (or automatically by NI hardware that is) based on whatever setup we as VLM admins had chosen...and the source material from NI.

(This idea came about as a side note to this related discussion about LabVIEW cloud services).

MTO

PS. Why do I have to assign this idea a label when the only available labels (I'm not allowed to create a new one) is unrelated to MAX, Veristand or the System Config API?