From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beginner in AF _ help me understand

Hi lab funs,

i am beginner with Actor framework (AF). Could you help me understand how to work with AF?

My app has 5 cylinders ( Gate, Lift, Shift, Grab, Clamp ), 3 Lamps ( Pass, Error, Servis), 2 Locks, Air distributed ( Vent, Sensor ) and HW Start button.

I made class of cylinder with methods ( Init, Move, Check Position ) and i made driver used QMH for this class.

Q1: if i want control 5 cylinders, i must make actor for each cylinder or only one ?

Q2: How i make comunication between actors cylinder and air distributed ( is free-running, every 1s check pressure then go to turn ON or turn OFF and send message to control actor if pressure = false )

THX

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,520 Views)

I quickly looked at your example.  I think you would get benefit out of jon_mcbee's example.  It is an excellent at demonstrating QMH, QMH LVOOP and AF.  The link to the message is here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/61337#61337.  That has a 2013 link and a subsequent one has a 2012 link.

I also note that you are running 2010 and also recall you just joined the Actor Framework (2010) group.

If it is OK with jon, I will post a 2010 version of his example on the AF 2010 group as well as put a 2010 version of the AF 2013 - at least as best as it can be downgraded.  I cannot do that from work, so expect it to get there sometime tonight.

Anyway, after you review that, let's start this conversation again.  I think you will gain some ideas from simply reviewing his example.

-Kurt

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,891 Views)

OK, check https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/actor-framework?view=documents

There is the QMH example from jon_mcbee and a new ActorFramework release for LV2010 with no guarantees that it will fully work, but it does seem to work with the QMH example.  I do not see any reason that it wont work thougfh.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,891 Views)

Awesome, thank you for rolling this back to 2010.  I hope it proves useful!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,891 Views)

Thank you for your answer.

But i have lab 2012, i save this exam in 2010 because not many people has 2012 😉

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,891 Views)

Hello everybody,

What do you think about this construction:

i have manipulator composite of 4 pneumatic cylinders. I create objects cylinder and manipulator each object has sequence. Cylinder has sequence: check position->desired position->stop & manipul has release->grip->upward->move->level->clamp. Manipul has also 4 parametre for sequnce ( Zon, Lev, Job, Clamp ).

Check my program.

Is it possible this program change to AF ?? Could you tell me how please ??

THX

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,891 Views)