Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2020 Interfaces+AF webcast on Friday, May 1

LabVIEW Community Edition 2020 is now available for download. The commercial edition will follow sometime in May. We prioritized the Community release for all the engineers stuck at home under quarantine.

In light of this, it's time to talk about all the new features, and for Actor Framework, LV2020 includes a MAJOR improvement: interfaces. Interfaces are a companion feature to LabVIEW classes. I and Allen Smith will be presenting what would have been our NIWeek presentations as a webcast this Friday.

Two topics, back-to-back:
Intro to Interfaces (Stephen Loftus-Mercer)
Interfaces and the Actor Framework (Allen Smith)

Friday, May 1 10am, CDT
Join here: LabVIEW 2020: G Interfaces

Link will install MS Teams if you do not already have it.

To start learning about interfaces today, please see

• the Fundamentals>>LabVIEW Object-Oriented Programming section of the LabVIEW 2020 shipping documentation
  • the shipping examples in
    examples\Object-Oriented Programming\Basic Interfaces
    examples\Object-Oriented Programming\Actors and Interfaces

If you are someone who already knows about interfaces from other programming languages and want to understand why G interfaces work the way they do, you may be interested in reading LabVIEW Interfaces: The Decisions Behind the Design.

Message 1 of 9
(4,669 Views)

I can't make this so I am hoping it will be recorded.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,644 Views)

@Taggart wrote:

I can't make this so I am hoping it will be recorded.

That is the plan. New technology, so not certain, but initial tests look good.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,629 Views)

I also can't make it (don't have Teams) so hopefully I can watch it on Youtube or something later.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,627 Views)

@BertMcMahan wrote:

I also can't make it (don't have Teams) so hopefully I can watch it on Youtube or something later.

The link should pull Teams in for you to use for the webcast. I haven't tried it on a clean machine with the new version... I've just been told what *should* happen. If someone wants to try it and let me know?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,624 Views)

It did let me install Teams, but I got the "something went wrong" message when Teams opened up. I assume it's because the webcast hadn't started yet. I'll give it a shot on Friday.

Also I might recommend changing the wording of the top post, it says "Microsoft Teams required" so I assumed I wouldn't be able to join.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,619 Views)

@BertMcMahan wrote:

Also I might recommend changing the wording of the top post, it says "Microsoft Teams required" so I assumed I wouldn't be able to join.

Done.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,594 Views)

I'm excited about this, but unfortunately won't be able to join because of a conflicting meeting.

If you can post the recording on YouTube that would be much appreciated! Then we can share it easily, too.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,337 Views)

To anyone having trouble getting in, I was having some trouble joining but I was finally able to join as a guest via website, not through my Office account.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,158 Views)