Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone using RT Execution Trace with AF?

I am working on analyzing the CPU utilization on a cRIO with a large AF application.  If anyone has experience that they would share I would appreciate it.  No sense recreating the wheel.  I will post follow ups as I gain experience if there is interest.

Casey

Casey Lamers

Phoenix, LLC

casey.lamers@phoenixwi.com

CLA, LabVIEW Champion

Check Out the Software Engineering Processes, Architecture, and Design track at NIWeek. 2018 I guarantee you will learn things you can use daily! I will be presenting!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,477 Views)

Casey - any results on this?  I'm curious to know if you found anything interesting.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,970 Views)

Matt,

The biggest update I can report is that my CPU utilization was varying on different systems I had due to executing the Handle Error.vi method which contained a message with the error to an error logger. I suspect that the increased utilization was disk access.

A second "bad actor" was repeated calls to Handle Error.vi were a time delayed message was being sent. The time delay was blocking and upon release of the resource the CPU utilization would spike. I am imagining everything that was blocked playing catch up.

Note: deterministic code is in the FPGA and I am not in trouble if things are blocked for "some" time. I have revised my code in the sections that were of the highest problem.

Casey

Casey Lamers

Phoenix, LLC

casey.lamers@phoenixwi.com

CLA, LabVIEW Champion

Check Out the Software Engineering Processes, Architecture, and Design track at NIWeek. 2018 I guarantee you will learn things you can use daily! I will be presenting!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,970 Views)